Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'll miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up worms



The first fish I ever caught

It was a blue gill

I was young….

And I was too afraid to take out the hook.

So I let him swim,

While I went to get my friend to unhook him.

When we returned

And reeled him back in

Well he was kinda inside the belly

Of a large mouth bass.

I caught two fish that day

Thanks little blue gill

And im sorry you had to go out that way


This pond is where I grew up

I spent more time here and in the woods

Than I did in my own back yard

Old toys that brought back memories

My brothers shoe that was lost in the mud

That somehow after many years has resurfaced

The place where I caught my pet snapping turtle

We called him turdy

Goodbye childhood

I will miss you greatly













No comments: